Friday, March 4, 2016

Sharing: 2016 Retreat

As part of our Reflection Phase, I attended a directed retreat on Feb 8 – 15, 2016 at Linwood Spirituality Center, Rhinebeck – New York http://www.linwoodspiritualctr.org/.
I met my spiritual director, Mrs. Ruth Harrison, PhD, around an hour a day and she gave several readings to pray: Is 43: 1 – 7, Luk 9: 23 – 27, Luk 18: 35-43, John 1: 35 – 39, Luk 1: 38, “Let Your God Love You” and “I am There” by James Dillet Freeman besides “How do We Pray with our Imagination” and “Bringing Feeling to Prayer.”
I had the opportunity to read “Stay with Us: Praying as Disciples” by John A. Mullin, SJ, “In the Footsteps of Mystics” by Henry C. Simmons and part of “Mysticism” by Evelyn Underhill besides walking around the beautiful compound by the Hudson river.  It reminded me of the quotation of Karl Rahner, “The Christian of the future will be a mystic or he will not exist at all.
Fr. Ed Salmon, SJ was the Eucharistic celebrant and homilist besides Sr. Maureen Steely, SU, Kathleen Donelly, SU, and Br. Don Bisson, FMS.   
It’s quiet, peaceful and moving days as I reflect on God’s presence in my life and mission as a Maryknoll Sister.  It also reminds me on my prophecy responsibility.  I am grateful for this opportunity of silence to reflect on my commitment in Maryknoll Sisters after being in China mission for six years.   
 
Ossining-New York, Mar 4, 2016


Sr. Anastasia B. Lindawati, M.M.

Let’s do simple things with simple love to make God’s love visible

No comments:

Post a Comment