Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Sharing: Jan 2017 Volunteer Training at St. Anthony’s Church

Four youth of St. Anthony’s Church Shenzhen asked Fr. Lu about our youth ministry so Fr. Lu invited Mr. Wu and me to have a lunch meeting with them on January 8, 2017.  Fr. Lu introduced me as the person in charge for the youth ministry. 
Ms. Zhuo asked my suggestion about the youth training to be held at St. Anthony’s Church before Chinese New Year so I offered her to organize youth training on “How to be an effective volunteer?” on January 14 because we will organize youth gathering on “Christian Unity Prayer Week” at Holy Family Church on January 21.   Ms. Zhuo and her team agreed to my suggestion so we were communicating through WeChat apps.  They were proactively asking and providing what is needed for the training including preparing the link of the registration, snack and banner.  I returned to Hong Kong on January 10, 2017 and went back to Shenzhen on January 14, 2017 in time for the training. 
Fr. Lu led the praise and worship while the pastoral sister of St. Anthony’s Church Sr. Jiao played the piano, followed by ice breaking by Mr. Wu.  The pastor of St. Anthony’s Church gave a short talk on his hope to have youth ministry in their Church. 
I asked Mr. Wu to lead the first habit as he attended this training last June 2015 at Holy Family Church.  I led the rest of the training.  There were four habits with 15 minutes break in between two habits.
 Around 30 volunteers attended it.  Unfortunately we were a little bit late to start and we need to leave the classroom not later than 6.00 p.m. so we didn’t have the chance to have a group report for the two habits. 
I edited a little bit the power point of the program prepared by Fr. Bruno for a Putonghua workshop in Maryknoll Stanley House Hong Kong.   The training was based on “8 Habits of Highly Effective People.” There was an activity, Bible passage before mentioning each habit followed by small group discussion and group report.   My tutor helped me to add the details of the activities on the power point so that it will be easier to be understood than only listening to my instruction.  Both Mr. Wu and I asked all of them to read the Bible passage. 
It’s an opportunity to reach out to more people in mainland as my wish.
I attended the anticipated Mass at St. Anthony’s Church after having dinner with one of the parishioners, who let me stay in her studio apartment for free since October 2012.  

Hong  Kong, January 17, 2017


Sr. Anastasia B. Lindawati, M.M.

Let’s do simple things with simple love to make God’s love visible




No comments:

Post a Comment